Tuesday 9 August 2011

Beauty Heartst♥pper: Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base.


I've been on the search for great face products recently. It started when a make-up artist (a very good one) told me that the moisturiser I was using wasn't doing me any favours. But here's the thing, I have one of those 'wonderful' combination skins that oscillates between looking fab and drab. I need a good moisturiser under my make-up, but not one that will make it break out.It's exhausting just thinking about which brand to put on my face. 


And then I found this little pot of happiness. I'm new to Bobbi Brown, so it took a little convincing before I smeared this on my face pre-foundation. The texture is buttery, but the main attraction for me was the scent; lemony, citrusy, lovely. It smells 'clean' if you know what I mean. In a nutshell, this face base is an oil-free moisturiser and primer with a thick consistency. I found that it covers pores perfectly, almost filling them in so that your foundation can sit neatly on top. And your face feels very soft afterwards. 


There are three things a moisturiser has to achieve in order for me to fall in love with it:


1. It needs to keep my face supple.
2. It needs to smell fairly neutral, nothing sweet or flowery.
3. It needs to react well with my skin, no breakouts.


Bobbi Brown gets 3 out of 3. I got mine from the Waterfront for about R400, which is expensive but if you consider it lasts you a good while and achieves the results it does, it isn't all that bad. 


Do you have a favourite moisturiser? 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment