Tuesday 11 October 2011

My ♥ stopped when I saw these cuties.



Lovelies how do feel about children at weddings? The big day is fast approaching now and I'm getting SO excited! Do you think that people should be allowed to bring their children? There are both positives and negatives in my mind and in the end I settled for no children. They make the most beautiful flower girls, and I imagined that I would have a little one in a ballet outfit as part of the bridal party, but then I really got thinking. If you invite the littles, then the parents lose out. Have you ever watched the mother of a 2 year old at a wedding before? All they end up doing is running after their child with the look of terror on their faces. And then they land up going home early. It's controversial but I think that every once in a while, a mom and dad need the night off, and by night off I mean a night to let loose and be free to dance into the wee hours of the morning. What do you think? Is this a selfish decision? xxx

6 comments:

  1. Not selfish at all. We had a "no children' policy, except for my younger brother and sister. Most of my friends have children but I couldn't stand the thought of crying babies, messy hands on white fabric and having to "tone down" the best man speeches for sensitive ears. Only one couple minded and they left early to go back to their child.
    It was a good decision and it meant I could focus on my friends and enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Shante! You've put my mind at ease :) I sometimes feel like parents are insulted when you don't invite their kids, but then land up having a great time because of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's your wedding, so the decision is entirely yours! It can be tricky, but it's also time for the parents to let their hair down to! But how cute is the first snap?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first snap is too cute hey??? The way she's looking down all shy...awww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a mom i totally agree with you that kids should be at home unless you have neices and nephews in the wedding party (older than 5) or your own kid!! In some ways if you set the policy it makes it easier on us parents babysitting for the whole day can be a problem tho but i always relish a few hours off so in my opinion any excuse to get a babysitter!! and a wedding is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, babysitting is a problem, but at least with an evening wedding there is less of problem. But I've been thinking that a babysitter at the wedding venue would be a fab idea, that way mom and baby are happy! (And bride ha ha) x

    ReplyDelete