Thursday 5 May 2011

My ♥ stopped at Robyn Roberts' Bridal Studio.

I've been wanting to write this post for a while now. My search for wedding dresses in Cape Town was disappointing to say the least. There is SO much of the same out there. I walked into one of the very popular bridal stores and recognized some of the dresses(that's not a good thing). It was as if I had walked into the Macro of bridal stores, greeted by an assistant who literally gave me a number and then let me try on ten dresses that all looked the same. And believe me the meringue-look is alive and well in a number of boutiques around the city. And then I found Robyn Roberts, recommended to me by a very good friend in the fashion industry. 







THE LOVELY MICHELLE. SHE IS SO PATIENT!








I had to stop myself from posting pics of my dress (would defs regret that later) but really it is so beautiful! You can add and subtract as much as you want and the options are endless. I took one of my bridesmaids and my mom and it turned out to be one of the best experiences I've had so far. 


Michelle (a really talented designer herself) really gives you special attention and listens to all your wants and concerns. The studio also has beautiful jewellery and shoes and a range of veils. Initially I wasn't going to have a veil because I'm having a fairly modern wedding, but then I tried one on and it's a special feeling, one that I can't explain to people who haven't tried it. My mom's eyes welled up with tears when I put it on.


When you make an appointment you'll get a full hour of the lovely Michelle's attention. You can have a dress made from scratch or buy one already made. You'll need two fittings and one just before the big day (incase you've expanded or subtracted). I want to go and do it all over again. It was completely dreamy and everything a wedding dress experience should be. 


Contact the studio here


(Pics from Robyn Roberts, Warren Williams)

3 comments:

  1. Ah that is so exciting for you! I'm so envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible day and experience! Glad I was there to share it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was too wonderful. Thanks guys. x

    ReplyDelete